Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Approach by Eva Koch

Dear Sisters,

Here finally is the website of an artist that I have mentioned before, who has made an impression on me, eva koch. She makes beautiful video works, sound and light sculpture embedded in the landscape.

I can't yet put my finger on what it is that makes it so enthralling, but something tells me it is the underlying current of humanism it exudes. Her precision.



In particular I like The Approach, when you go to works it is there in the list. It palpably expresses translational processes for me. The artist has been generous to allow us to view it online. I love the crisp English of the Danish actor.


It does not compare with having the full sound and viewing experience of the real installation; it does give an insight into what she is doing for those who cannot see it in-situ. Greetings from Antwerp where it is dark and drizzly.
love !

S2

No comments: